Saturday, November 19, 2011

Lilly in Decoupage

I love all things Lilly Pulitzer. Well, except for the price! I really do enjoy their vibrant, beachy fabrics, so when I received their catalog I ooh'd and ahh'd over the beautiful clothes, handbags, and accessories. And the price. That pesky price. I had been trying to figure out a simple and cheap project for a cardboard box that was sitting empty in my son's room. So empty cardboard box, meet Lilly Pulitzer catalog. This was my first decoupage project. I'm not 100% in love with it, but it turned out fine for someone who hasn't decoupaged a single thing since third grade. It's sitting on a shelf in my office, and houses a variety of office supplies like glue sticks, pens, sticky tabs, and extra post-it notes.



I definitely could have worked harder to smooth out some of the bubbles, and really, catalog pages aren't ideal for decoupaging because the colors run a little bit when you are trying to do just that. Oh well, it was fun, and I think it's pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment