Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rolled Paper Christmas Tree in a Shadowbox

My latest obsession in Pinterest, along with a lot of other people. I have gotten so many fabulous ideas, and this is the first that I actually made. You can find my pin here: .

I have an obscene amount of Christmas crafting/scrapbooking/card-making supplies, because a few years ago, I was going to start making my own Christmas cards ;) So when I saw this post, I knew that I already had everything except the shadowbox frame. When I clicked on the pinterest link, there was no tutorial or anything but a dead link, so I kinda winged it, but I am very happy with the final product!

Materials used:
an assortment of different Christmas scrapbook papers
Christmas buttons
3-D Christmas sticker
gold star brads
large sequins star
double-sided puffy stickers
8 x 10 canvas
shadowbox
glue gun
paper cutter
ruler

This is such a simple project, a kid could do it. I used my paper cutter to cut the papers, using the previously cut paper as a guideline, making each one smaller as I went along. I rolled each paper. I used a ruler to help maintain the same 'margins' on either side. That got a little tricky as the pieces got smaller and the glue gun got hotter :) I affixed the buttons using my glue gun, and secured the brads with glue as well.

Another idea I had, which I did not implement, was to add 'gift box' stickers under the tree. I did lay a few out, and it just looked too busy to me, as I was going for clean lines. I do think if I'd had a larger frame/canvas and a smaller tree, it would have looked better.

I cannot wait until it's time to decorate for Christmas so I can hang this on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment